Kamuzu College of Nursing, a constituent College of the University of Malawi, is pleased to inform all first-year generic, post-basic and upgrading students that first semester for the 2019/2020 academic year shall begin on Monday, October 14 2019.
All continuing undergraduate and postgraduate students should report to the College for the 2019/2020 academic year on November 18, 2019.
All first-year students under the following programs shall be based at Blantyre Campus behind Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital (QECH) while all continuing students under the underlisted programs shall report at Kameza campus.
- Bachelor of Science in Adult Health Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Child Health Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Community Health Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Midwifery
All students under the following programs shall report at Lilongwe campus behind Kamuzu Central Hospital (KCH).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Midwifery
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Midwifery (upgrading)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Post Basic)
All new students shall attend orientation for two weeks from October 14 to October 25,
Registration shall take place on October 14, 2019 from 8:30 a.m. for new students and on November 18 2019 for all continuing students.
Fees are currently at K400, 000 per year for all generic students. Fees for post basic and upgrading programs are currently at K950, 000 per year.
Students must pay at least half of the fees before registration.
All fees should be paid through the bank in advance. All new students should contact the College for their unique bank account numbers.
Additional Requirements for First Year Generic Students
In addition to University of Malawi recommended financial contribution, first year generic students are required to bring the following:
- K42,000 Nurses Council Indexing, MSCE verification and Professional File fees to be paid in College within 30 days of registration. Please do not deposit this money into the KCN bank account.
- Original MSCE Certificate
- Two passport size photographs
- Females – 2 white dresses (or skirt & blouse / pair of trousers and blouse) and 2 Nurses’ caps
- Males – 2 white safari suits and 2 epaulets
- All students – 2 pairs of black covered flat shoes and a Name Tag.
- The uniform shall be tailored under guidance of the College with a specific tailoring pattern that will be advised to all students while on campus.
- Nurses’ Watch
- Blood Pressure machine
- A blue or white cardigan for females
- A green apron for females (required during Community Health Nursing experience)
- A green dust coat for males (required during Community Health Nursing experience)
- A pair of white gumboots for Medical Surgical, Maternal and Child Health Nursing
- K1000.00 Students’ Union Membership fees to be paid to the Students’ Union bank
account while in College.
The College has limited accommodation at a fee and all first-year generic students who would like to stay on campus should apply for reservation to the following address: College Registrar, Private Bag 1, Lilongwe
. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cost of College Accommodation is currently at K10, 000 per month.
For all those who may be offered College accommodation, keys to rooms will only be issued upon production of bank deposit slip for tuition and accommodation fees.
The College does not
have agents for collection of tuition fees or any other payments. It has come to our attention that some unscrupulous individuals have been contacting students by phone and asking them to deposit fees and other related payments through Airtel Money or Mpamba. All students are advised to disregard such devious demands and report such incidences to the Police. All payments to the College are made through its bank account.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Midwifery (Upgrading) Students for 2019/2020 Intake to Start Orientation and Registration into the Bridging Program from October 14, 2019
- 1. MKWALA ELAS
- 2. NAZOMBE CHRISTOPHER
- 3. MWAMLIMA PATRICK
- 4. NGULUBE LOVENESS
- 5. NGOLOMBE REYMOND V
- 6. NANG’OMBE SELLA
- 7. MBULO GRACE T
- 8. NAMONDWE CAROLINE C
- 9. SELEMANI GLORIA
- 10. NYASULU MERCY
- 11. MUNTHALI COURAGE NEWMAN
- 12. YASIN IBRAHIM M
- 13. CHIMOMBO REGINA
- 14. JIMU JUDITH
- 15. MPHEPO MOZEKA BERTHA
- 16. GONDWE FAIDA
- 17. NTOPI INNOCENT
- 18. MBALUKU SELEMANI B
- 19. MVULA RODGERS
- 20. MWALE YAMIKANI
- 21. ANIVA RAPHAEL
- 22. MSISKA JOEL
- 23. MSOWOYA CHANCY
- 24. KAFUWA BRIDGET
- 25. JANA BRIDGET
- 26. JERE LAMECK BLAIR
- 27. SIBALE LYNESS
- 28. MTAPO RHODA
- 29. NXUMAYO NYANYIWE
- 30. CHIWAYA ASANTE PATRICIA
- 31. JUWA BANDA WOTCHIWE
- 32. TEPULA CHIPILIRO
- 33. GONDWE PAUL
- 34. MWALE HASTINGS
- 35. MWALWIMBA ASIMENYE M
- 36. NYIRONGO BRENDA
- 37. MCHAWA MILLICENT
- 38. NYASULU AISHA
- 39. MWENEBUNGU MARY
- 40. MB’IZA MUMDERANJI
- 41. SAIWALA FAITH
- 42. KWIYANI THANDIE EVELYN
- 43. CHILEMBA KHUMBO
- 44. GOMANI EUNICE
- 45. BAULENI CHIKONDI
- 46. KANKHUMBWA MATHIAS
- 47. NAMWERA TAMBULA VINCENT
- 48. JERE SIBONGIRE
- 49. HARAWA VERAH
- 50. MUNKHONDYA TAMALA
- 51. NKHOMA ALICE
- 52. SANGUYA GRENA M
- 53. TSOKA JANET
- 54. SALADI ASIYATU
- 55. KAPONYA MAUREEN L
- 56. MAGANGA CHARLOTTE
- 57. KUMWENDA KHATAZA
- 58. TEMBO SALOME W
- 59. JEFTA GRIEF
- 60. MANJOMO GETRUDE
- 61. CHIKOTI FELISTER
- 62. BANDA BENSON
- 63. MANGANI FELIX
- 64. KAIDI WATSON