In the past few weeks, social media has been populated with rumours and a press release purporting the release of the University of Malawi (UNIMA) selection of candidates for admission into 2020/2021 academic year.
UNIMA Council wishes to inform the general public that the University has not released any names of candidates for admission into the University to pursue various generic and mature entry programmes for the 2020/2021 academic year.
For records purposes, Council convenes a meeting to approve proposed list of selected candidates by Colleges. Council is yet to call for such a meeting. Therefore, it is logically not possible for Council to release names of selected candidates before the same Council has considered and approved the selection.
In view of the foregoing, Council wishes to strongly advise the general public to ignore any communication claiming that the University has released names of selected candidates for admission into the University for the 2020/2021 academic year.
Council further wishes to advise the general public that, if in doubt, they should crosscheck the authenticity of any information before they are misled by unscrupulous individuals that would like to take advantage of the innocent public.
Finally, Council wishes to assure the general public that as soon as all the selection processes have been satisfied, Council will inform the general public through the various reputable channels of communication about the selected candidates for admission into the University in the 2020/2021 academic year.
For further clarification, Council wishes to advise the general public to contact Registrars of the UNIMA Colleges as follows;
COUNCIL OF THE UNIVERSITY OF MALAWI
- University Office – P.O. Box 278, Zomba, Tel: (+265) 1 524 282, Fax: (+265) 1 524 760, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
- Chancellor College – P.O. Box 280, Zomba, Tel: (+265) 1 524 222, Fax: (+265) 1 524 046, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- College of Medicine – P/Bag 360, Blantyre, Tel: (+265) 1 877 245, Fax: (+265) 1 872 291, Email: email@example.com.
- Kamuzu College of Nursing – P/Bag 1, Lilongwe, Tel: (+265) 1 751 622, Fax: (+265) 1 750 506, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Polytechnic – P/Bag 303, Chichiri, Blantyre, Tel: (+265) 1 870 411, Fax: (+265) 1 870 578, Email: email@example.com.